Monday, January 9, 2012

Harvest Monday - the tomatoes have started

This week I was away at the beach for a bit so did not harvest so much. I have decided to keep a spreadsheet for the harvest (not sure how to arrange it yet - maybe you have a system and could let me know).

Today I picked 1.3 kg of cherry tomatoes but I also bought 2 tins of canned tomatoes before I picked as I did not think I would have enough for eating and salads as well as cooking. Won't be buying any more canned tomatoes now.  But I do want to preserve some of the harvest so I don't have to keep buying canned tomatoes. I also bought 2 kg of onions last week as I haven't had a lot of success with onions so far but will start again.

Here is some of the harvest: Some of the harvest

4 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful tomatoes. I'm jealous as we're in our winter. Tomatoes are 7 months away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that basket of tomatoes make me crave for chips and nachos. Hehehe. One of the best parts of having a home garden is harvesting. For now, I managed to gather a lot of ginger. Perhaps I'll try baking some gingerbread.

    -Jamie Keifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tomatoes look so perfect and flavorful! :D Well, this is what’s great about having your own garden. You can simply plant tomatoes for as long as you know how to grow these tomatoes. ;) You can even plant other kinds of fruits and veggies.

    Shona Martinez

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter